Delivery: Harrison Obeng Debrah (Preacher), Oforikrom Church of Christ (English Assembly), Kumasi –Ghana. Sunday, March 15, 2015
Text: 2KINGS 7:8-20 – And when these Lepers came to the uttermost part of the camp, they went into one tent, and did eat and drink, and carried thence silver, and gold, and raiment, and went and hid it; Then said one to another, we do not well: this day is the day of good things, and we hold our peace: some mischief will come upon us: now therefore come, that we may go and tell the king’s household………
Heralds of Good News are messengers of Good News. What is the Good News? The Message of the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 15: 4)
Our mission as Christians is Soul winning and restoring others from darkness to Light.
Six (6) Lessons from the text (2 kings 7:8-20).
- God can use the Rejected people of society to bring about change and rescue the world. God qualifies the rejected to accomplish his purpose on earth. It marveled many that Joseph –the carpenter and his wife Mary were the parents of Jesus the savior of the world. Mark 6:3, Matthew 13:55.
God also used Lepers (people suffering from Leprosy) to rescue an entire nation.
- People will Refuse the message we bring. Elisha’s message of abundance of food was refused or doubted by the gate keeper appointed by the king. (2kings 7:17-20). People will reject the gospel message we deliver. Don’t be discouraged. Keep proclaiming the truth. (Hearing – believing - repenting – confessing Christ – water baptism –walking in newness of life)
- God is looking for people who will take Risk. (The Lepers risked their lives to save their nation from hunger and death). How many of us are ready to risk our lives for Christ? Will you risk your time, money and possessions for the sake of the Gospel?
- God does the rest and He brings Results. I Paul plant, Apollo waters, and God give the increase. (1 Cor. 3:6) Be ye steadfast and immovable always abounding I the work of the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:58
- When God’s word is sown, some will receive, respond and react to the message. Others may reject the message. But the message must be preached. Acts 2:38-42. (Remember to relay the good news to others). Those who gladly receive the message were baptized.
- People will need time to reflect and reason when the message is delivered. Apostle Paul – Woe to me if I preach not the gospel of Christ. 1 Corinthians 9: 16