Delivery: Lordson R. Kyeremeh (Elder), Oforikrom Church of Christ, (English Assembly) Kumasi, Ghana. 22nd March, 2015
Text: Exodus 3:11, 19, 20, 8: 23
And Moses said unto God, who I’m I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt? Exodus 3:11
- The deeper Christian Life is about making a difference and going the extra – mile in our service to God.
- And Moses said unto God, who am I to go before Pharaoh for the redemption of Israel after 430 years of captivity. God saw Moses as the Man to make the difference in the life of HIS CHILDREN and bring them out of captivity after 430 years.
- God wants us to go the extra-mile to make a difference and change the course of history as in the case of Israel.
- We ought to at times sacrifice some of our benefits and advantages to fulfill God’s purpose. Hebrews 11:24 gives such account. ---By Faith, Moses refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter. Verse 25 – He chose to suffer affliction with Israel than to enjoy the pleasure of sin for a season.
- In living the deeper Christian life and making the difference, we are admonished not to be yoked together with unbelievers; for what fellowship has light have with darkness. 2 Corinthians 6:14
- The deeper Christian life also teaches us not to love the world or anything in the world. IF any man loves the world, the love of the father is not in him. 1 John 2:15
- Blessed is the man, who walks not in the council of the ungodly, or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of the scornful, but one whose delight is in the law of the Lord and in his law does he meditate day and night. Psalm 1:1,2