Delivery: Joseph Foray Snr. (Elder), Oforikrom Church of Christ, (English Assembly) Kumasi, Ghana. 29TH March, 2015
Text: 2 Corinthians 9:6 -8…….He who sows sparingly; shall reap sparingly; and he who sows bountifully shall also reap bountifully……. And God is able to make all grace abound towards you; that ye always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work.
There are different Laws that apply to different aspects of Life. Finance, Marriage, Giving etc.
The Laws of Giving.
- Recognizing the fact that God owns everything. You are a steward of the resources and properties God has placed into your hands. Psalm 24:1 The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof; the world and all that exists in it. Haggai 2:8 – The silver is mine, and the gold is mine says the Lord.
- You Give with Love to see the harvest. The love for man and the love for God must be evident in your giving. 1 John 3: 17 – But whoso hath the world’s good, and sees his brother hath need, and shutteth his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? 1 Kings 3: 3- 5 – Solomon loved the Lord and he gave; offering one thousand burnt offerings to God as sacrifice.
- When your giving pleases God, God walks to you. Acts 10: 31…..Corlinius giving of alms came to God as a memorial – and God recognized it and moved to him. David in 1 Chronicles 29:3 proclaims---I’ve given all my silver and gold for the Love of God.
GIVE NOT WITH A LOTTERY MENTALITY BUT WITH THE HEART OF LOVE.
- You must give with a heart free of offence. (An offence free heart).
Bitterness is a seed killer. Unforgiveness is a harvest destroyer. Whatever you give out of bitterness, is a valueless seed. Matthew 5:23 – if thy bring a gift to the alter and remember that a brother hath something against you; leave thy gift at the alter and go to reconcile with thy brother, then come and offer your gift.
- Give in Faith. Whatsoever is done without faith is sin. Romans 14:23. Without faith it is impossible to please God…..God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. Hebrew 11: 6