Delivery: Joseph Foray Snr. (Elder), Oforikrom Church of Christ (English Assembly), Kumasi, Ghana on Sunday, March 08, 2015
Text: 1 Samuel 16: 17-21 – And Saul said unto his servants, Provide me a man that can play well, and bring him to me. Then answered one of the servants and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man o war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the Lord is with him. ……Saul sent for David who was with the sheep……and David was brought unto Saul…
David was a worshipper of Jehovah God in Israel. How does a man’s praise affect a man’s destiny?
- Praise establishes the presence of God in the life of a person. Psalm 22:3 –But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. Psalm 89:15 – Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk o Lord in the Light of thy countenance.
- The garment of Praise destroys the spirit of depression. Isaiah 61:3 – To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of Joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness: that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.
- Whatever depresses your life depresses your destiny. Depression is one of the worst enemies of destinies. Until Hannah put away bitterness, she could not get pregnant. 1 Sam 1: 18, 19.
- 2 Corinthians 4:8, 9 – We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down but not destroyed.
- Depression frustrates divine intervention in your life. Nehemiah 8:10 – For the joy of Lord shall be your energy, strength, excitement and exuberance.
- When you praise you dwell inside God. (For God inhabits the praises of his people)
- The presence of God in the life of a person is the most fertile atmosphere in the development of human life and destiny.
- When God decided to create plants and Fishes –he said, let the soil and the waters bring forth of their kind. When he decided to create humans – he said – Le us make man in our own image. Meaning – that human survives best in God and in His presence; the same way fishes survive best in water.
- The origin fertilizes destiny. David dwelled with God and maximized his destiny – From the pasture to the palace. Joseph dwelled in God and maximized his destiny from the pit to the throne. If you want your destiny maximized, the presence of God is what you need.
- You invoke the presence of God by giving him praise.