Delivery : Joseph Foray Snr ( elder ), Oforikrom Church of Christ. (English Assembly ) Kumasi, Ghana on Sunday, 26th April, 2015
Text : Luke 17:28-32.....Remember Lot's wife. .....
Why did Jesus admonish us to remember Lot's wife?
Because God hates sin. (Gen 19 recounts the story )
History accounts that Sodom practice perverted sexuality.
An economically rich country. A strong military. Full of pride and had no time for God.
Busy working and making money.
They were guilty of Idolatry. Psalm 86:5 -God is always willing to forgive us.
Why remember Lot's wife?
1. She was the wife of Abraham's nephew and connected to Abraham. She disobeyed God and turned into a pillar of salt. Gen 19:26
2. Also Aaron sons Nadab and Abihu offered strange fire before God and God killed them. Leviticus 10:1, 2
3. God hates disobedience. Heb 10:25 -Do not forsake the assembly of the saints. People don't attend.......that is disobedience.
3. God is serious about prayer. Pray without ceasing. 1 Thes 5:17
4. God is serious about our priorities. Seek ye first the Kingdom and his righteousness. Matt 6:33
5. God is serious about evangelism. Mark 16:15, 16
Lot's wife was a Canaanite. God's instruction was that --do not marry from the canaanites. It was disobeyed.
Remember the sin of Lot's wife and repent of your own sin to avoid destruction and setbacks in your life.
To whom much is given, much is expected.